A lot of parents wish to monitor their child's iPhone activity. However, due to the enhanced security of the iOS platform, you can not monitor as many logs on your child's iPhone as you might have on an Android phone. Family Orbit is one of the few, if not the only one, to offer an amalgamation of three different methods for monitoring your child's phone for you to choose which one is best for your situation. You can also use them together, there is no extra cost for them.
iCloud Based Monitoring
With Family Orbit® iCloud Monitoring Service, you can retrieve all your phone data directly from the iCloud Servers. Besides this, the GPS tracker extracts the location history of your child using the same technology as Find My iPhone. You will need to provide the Apple ID and Password to be able to track your child's iPhone with this method.
- Call History
- Text Messages*
- Websites visited
* Text message is not monitored at this time for iOS 12 with 2FA enabled device.
- No app to install on the child's phone
- Temporary locks may happen
- You must have access to the Apple ID and Password used on the device
- You may need to provide the 2FA code occasionally from the device
- Slow process
iTunes Based Monitoring
With Family Orbit, iOS Extractor Desktop App for Windows and Mac, you can retrieve all your device logs directly from the local iTunes backup. You can easily configure iTunes to back up your child's iPhone to your local computer. Once configured, the device will automatically back up the phone data to your computer over the Wi-Fi. The Family Orbit desktop app monitor the computer for new iTunes backup and upload the logs directly to your online account for you to view at any time.
- Call history
- Text Messages
- Website Visited
- Photos / Videos
- Apps Installed
- No Apple ID needed and hence no locks
- No need to install any app on the child's iPhone
- Fast and on-demand log extraction available
- One time installation of the desktop app on your computer and configuration of the device on the same machine is needed.
Family Orbit App
The Family Orbit app you can download on your child's phone from the Apple AppStore. The app is much more than a passive monitoring app for your child's phone. Your child can use the app to connect with you with check-ins and messages.
- Geofence Alerts
- Calendar Events
- Mobile Data Usage
- WiFi Logs
- Battery and Device Status
Besides monitoring features you can also:
- Share location among your family
- Chat and share photos
- Receive check-ins or panic alerts
- Easy to download and set up on your child's iPhone
- Parent app for on the go monitoring
- Text messages and call history cannot be monitored with the app.