For Family Orbit to successfully retrieve data from your child’s Apple device, it must be configured to back up the mobile device data to your local computer. Follow the below steps:
- Open iTunes software on your local computer (PC or Mac). If required, you can install iTunes on your PC or Mac. Download iTunes from here: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Connect the iOS device, you wish to monitor, to the computer.
- Click the device button at the top of iTunes; you may have to tap on Trust and provide the passcode on the device screen.
- Under the Backup section of the device summary, select “This computer” and ensure the checkbox for “Encrypt local backup” is left unchecked.
- Under the Options section, check “Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi.” It’s recommended to regularly connect the iPhone to your computer to perform regular backups.
- Click on Apply button in the bottom right to save your changes.
- Click on the Back Up Now button from the Backups section to create a backup of your iOS device now. (Please wait for the backup to complete before proceeding.)